Today’s recipe is from Gianni Carrieri, culinary expert at Winning Appliances. This light yet flavourful dish is a must try!
Sous vide peach with burrata & watercress salad
- V-Zug Electric Built-In Compact Combi Steam Oven (Allows for an even, gentle process resulting in succulent and tender textures)
- V-Zug Induction Cooktop with Integrated Ventilation System
- 6 yellow peaches cut in half with stones removed
- 1 orange peel thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (80 ml)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (60 ml)
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and fine white pepper to taste
- 3 burrata (100g each)
- 3 cups watercress leaves rinsed
- 1 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1/2 pomegranate seeded
- Set steam oven to steam function on 73°C.
- Place peaches, orange peel, thyme and honey in a large vacuum-seal bag then into the vacuum drawer. Vacuum on level 3 to extract all the air from the bag.
- Place in the oven and sous vide for 20 mins. Cut bag and drain (you can keep these juices to drizzle over ice cream); pat peaches gently with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Heat a chargrill plate or frying pan on high heat; cook peaches for 1-2 mins until charred.
- Mix oil, orange juice, honey, salt and pepper to taste. Then, gently toss watercress and fennel with the orange dressing in a bowl.
- To serve, place burrata and peaches onto a large serving platter with the watercress mix; and garnish with pomegranate seeds.