Today’s fresh recipe is from Bettina Jenkins, national culinary manager at Winning Appliances. This salad will keep your meal prep plan from going stale.
Pea, avocado, feta and mint salad
- Fisher & Paykel Combi-Steam Built-In Oven
- 500 g packet of frozen peas
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 2/3 cup shredded mint
- 1 avocado cubed
- 100 g crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 grated rind of lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mint to serve
- Place peas and sugar snap peas into a small perforated steam oven tray. Cook with oven set to 100°C for 5 mins or until just tender. Alternatively, you can steam them the old fashioned way if you don't have a steam oven!
- Drain under cold water and pat dry with paper before placing peas into a serving bowl with mint, avocado and feta.
- Pour over combined oil, rind, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently, sprinkle with mint and serve immediately.