The words ‘quick’ and ‘bathroom refresh’ don’t usually co-exist in the same sentence! Fortunately, there are plenty of nifty ways to give your bathroom an overhaul without the need for time consuming (and expensive) renovations.
1. Retile – A great way to refresh your bathroom is to retile. If your bathroom is quite small, choosing light coloured tiles will make the room feel instantly larger and brighter. Natural finishes and colours such as concrete rustic sand, slate and granite are all versatile options which provide a great neutral base for any home. Stone and granite large format tiles have also proven to be popular as they can help make a smaller space appear much larger.
2. Regrout – Sometimes tiles can begin to look dull without regular TLC and the grout may become mouldy or cracked. In this instance, you will have to look at replacing the grout which can do wonders for your bathroom. Changing the grout colour is also a great way to instantly update your space.
3. Seal where possible – If you’ve noticed that your shower is starting to leak, that the grout is starting to weaken, or your sealant is peeling and de-treating, this means it’s time to reseal. With innovative new sealant product, Loctite RE-NEW, you can now seal away your shower and basins with an easy-to-use, single product. This product is the perfect tool when sealing joints in wet areas, such as the shower, bath tub and vanity, and is ideal for D.I.Y. beginners. Each tube incorporates a smoothing, integrated applicator which makes it a breeze to apply. Sealing is quick and easy to do and will protect your home from unsightly sealant joins for years to come.
4. Freshen up the space – Paint is one of the quickest and most economical solutions to revamp your bathroom. When choosing a colour, all white is a traditional favourite, however natural shades such as light greys, are also a stylish option. When shopping for the paint and products, ensure they are waterproof and bathroom appropriate. The great thing with repainting the bathroom is that most spaces have minimal painted surfaces. This means that majority of these projects can be done in a weekend and can be a solo job.
5. Introduce touches of colour – Look to add touches of colour and texture where you can in a plain, neutral coloured room to instantly lift your bathroom. Painting the side of the bath, for example, can transform your entire room, yet it is easy to reverse should you choose to update your bathroom again. Switching in new colourful window blinds and bathroom towels and accessories can instantly add life to your bathroom. You can also try adding a colourful plant or fancy shower curtain to give the bathroom a pop of colour.
6. Water-proof it – Sealing grout in the bathroom is the best way to keep your grout clean and waterproof. Shower tiles are constantly bombarded by running water, so sealing the grout is a necessity to keep it waterproof and guaranteed to last. Loctite RE-NEW features an innovative formula of Silicontec2.0 which is 100 per cent silicon and water-proof. This means the sealant will cover and hinder the growth of mould, for guaranteed long-
term mould protection. This will keep your bathroom looking whiter and brighter for longer.
For more information about Loctite RE-NEW visit www.loctite-consumer.com.au