Carpet Court have recently expanded their offering into window treatments, so The Block judge and brand ambassador Darren Palmer put together some exclusive tips for us on how to choose blinds.
1. Always choose the blind option that suits your light requirements. For a room ready for sleep, I recommend a full block-out, but for living spaces you may not want to completely shut off the sun.
2. Always choose the blind option that suits your privacy requirements. Daytime privacy can be achieved with a sheer window treatment, but nighttime privacy generally only comes with an opaque option.
3. Consider spaces that need both light and privacy, but having a sheer and a block-out option installed on the same windows.
4. Blinds and automisation go hand-in-hand, and for a little extra money you can install motors on roller blinds so you get that touch of a button convenience.
5. If you’re renovating or building, allow a rebate in the ceiling where windows are located so you can hide the tracks, rolls or mechanisms of your blinds to give your room the most streamlined look.
[contextly_sidebar id=”mUKwj7EXPkpdWmhAqCGAn0t1ijHHXX4b”]Carpet Court’s exclusive new blinds range, the Aria Window Concepts Collection, is designed to enhance contemporary and timeless interiors, with the added benefit of simple functionality and light control. There’s a range of on-trend blind designs, including neutral plantation shutters (my favourite!), simple shading, high quality window coverings and unique earthy timber venetians.
Darren says: “We’re seeing individuality as the major trend in interior design and the perfect contrast to an often bold or layered room are simple window treatments. Interiors that make statements whether in colour, texture or pattern all receive the perfect final touch with options from the new Aria blinds collection.”
The new range includes roller blinds, sunscreen blinds, roman blinds, vertical blinds, plantation shutters, timber venetians and panel blinds.
For your nearest store and to view the ranges in full, visit www.carpetcourt.com.au