Terms and Conditions of Entry
Latitude Financial Services Better Your Home competition
The Promoter of this competition is Latitude Financial Services, 572 Swan Street, Burnley, VIC, Australia. The partner for this competition is Addicted Media, PO Box 1804, Hornsby Westfield, NSW, Australia.
Acceptance of conditions
1. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any instructions relating to the competition on the promoter’s website, Facebook page, Instagram page and Twitter; and partner’s website, newsletters, Facebook page, Instagram page and Twitter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If the winner of the competition is found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions, a new winner may be selected.
3. Entry to the promotion is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
4. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
5. Entrants will need to own a property, or have permission to make structural and significant aesthetic changes to a property, located in Australia.
6. Entrants will be required to commence their renovations within 30 days of being awarded the prize, with renovations to be completed by 30 November, 2017. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure they are able to meet these renovation timelines. The entrant will be responsible for obtaining or procuring any council or local government approval and permit where required.
7. Employees of the competition promoter and partner and their related body corporates and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family” means a spouse, de facto partner, parent, child or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
8. The competition begins at 7.00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Monday 10 July, 2017, and will be open for a period of three weeks, closing on Sunday 30 July, 2017, 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
9. Any entry received after the end of the competition period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, incorrectly formatted or illegible entries or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise.
Method of Entry
10. To enter the competition, entrants will must complete all fields and follow all instructions included in the entry form, hosted at http://woobox.com/hfqevo
11. Only entries made via the dedicated online entry form will be considered valid. Entries via any other channel will be deemed invalid.
12. All imagery and text used by entrants must be original, owned by the entrant and not restricted by copyright.
13. All imagery and text used to support the entrants submission must be authentic and relate to the entrant’s proposed renovation project. The promoter reserves the right to request additional images to confirm the validity and authenticity of the entry.
14. Entrants can enter multiple times, however, each entry must relate to a different renovation project, i.e if you would like to renovate your bathroom, you may submit an entry for your bathroom once, but you may enter again for a kitchen renovation.
15. Complete entries will go in the running to win a renovation prize of AU$10,000 and a one-hour consultation with Interiors Addict founder Jen Bishop and renovation expert Naomi Findlay, as outlined in condition 18.
16. One winner will be selected from the entrants. If the winner is unable to commit to a renovation within the stated timeframe (see condition 6), or is unable to meet any other term or conditions of entry, another winner will be selected.
17. The entries will be adjudicated by a judging panel, based on the quality of the accompanying written submission, supporting image and the merit of the proposed renovation project. The perceived merit of the project may be based on subjective assessments from the judging panel. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winning entry and answer.
18. The individual prize consists of:
One prize of AU$10,000. The prize money is to be spent on renovations alone. The promoter has the right to confirm the prize will be and has been used for a renovation project.
A one-hour Skype consultation with Interiors Addict founder Jen Bishop and renovation expert Naomi Findlay to discuss the renovation project. The Skype call will be recorded and may be used for video, image and written content to be shared via the promoter’s and partner’s publishing channels, including social media.
19. The prize will be awarded as a cash transfer to an Australian bank account as nominated by the winner.
20. The prize is to be used on renovation expenses only, which includes building materials, furnishings, labour and any other goods or services that are approved by the promoter. In accepting the prize, the winner agrees to share monthly summaries and evidence, including receipts, of how the prize money has been spent on the renovation project until the project is complete.
21. The promoter will not be responsible for any insurance cover in relation to the prize, contractors used, products or services delivered or activities undertaken for the renovations. The winner shall purchase his/her own relevant insurance(s).
22. The promoter will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the renovation project.
23. The prize winner will be selected on 31 July, 2017.
24. The prize winner must ensure they are willing and able to commence renovations by 30 August, 2017, and complete renovations by 30 November, 2017. Failure to meet these requirements will render the entry invalid.
Notification of winners
25. The winner will be notified by email or by telephone before or on 4 August, 2017, during standard business hours (9.00am to 5.00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time).
26. In the event that the winner does not, is unable to or is unavailable to accept the prize; or is unable to meet the stated renovation timeline, a second winner will be chosen.
27. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of the entries before announcing the winning entrant.
28. The promoter may require the prize winner to provide proof of identity, age, Australian residency, property ownership, and any other identification considered necessary for verification, at the promoter’s discretion. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof as required by the promoter, the prize winner forfeits the prize, and the promoter may select an alternative prize winner.
Disqualification of entries
29. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in the promotion by, any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with, or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the promotion or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
30. The winning entrant has a commitment to diarise their renovation project through social media and the promotor encourages the winner to share photos and comments on their social channels as well as tagging Latitude Financial Services and Interiors Addict.
31. The winner will be asked to provide minimum of 20 images throughout their renovation project in a variety of scenarios including:
- Demolition phase;
- Shopping for products, finishes, fittings, furnishings, etc;
- Construction phase; and
- Project completion.
High resolution images (file sizes of 1MB or higher) are to be shared via email with the promoter at each project milestone.
32. Any content produced by the winner, promoter or partner may be shared via the promoter’s and partner’s publishing channels, including social media.
33. The winner agrees to participate in three progress updates, coordinated by the promoter, during the following project stages:
- Before renovation commences;
- During renovation; and
- After renovation is complete.
The winner will participate in photos, videos and an interview at each stage. Content from these progress updates will be published via the promoter’s and partner’s publishing channels, including social media.
34. The winner agrees to participate in a one-hour Skype video consultation with Interiors Addict founder Jen Bishop and renovation expert Naomi Findlay to discuss the renovation. The call will take place within one month of receiving the prize, at a mutually agreed time with the participants. The Skype video call will be recorded and may be used for video, image and written content to be shared via the promoter’s and partner’s publishing channels, including websites, newsletters and social media.
Exclusion of liability
35. To the extent permitted by law, the promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize(s). The promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize. Entrants should seek independent financial advice prior to entering the promotion.
36. The competition is in no way promoted, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter have no liability in connection with this competition.
Problems affecting the Promotion
37. If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, issues with Instagram or any cause beyond the control of the promote and/or partner which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required. The promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, defect, delay, theft, or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. If the promotion is not capable of being run as planned, for reasons outlined above, the promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind to entrants arising out of any resultant action taken by the Promoter.
38. The promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Entrants agree that the promoter may use the personal details provided to the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the promotion. The promoter may disclose personal information to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming departments, to assist in conducting this promotion. Entrants’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The promoter may also use personal information for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the promoter. By entering this promotion, each entrant consents to the storage of their personal information on the promoter’s database and the promoter and its related bodies corporate may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding the promoter’s and its affiliates products including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging.
39. If any term, agreement or condition of these Terms and Conditions or the application thereof to any person or any circumstance shall be or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the same shall be read down, if such reading down is possible, and if found to be impossible, shall be severed and the remaining terms and agreements and conditions shall not be affected.