Over 5,000 Australian shoppers have had their say on their favourite supermarket and lifestyle products for the annual Product of the Year Awards for 2024. Now in its 15th year in Australia, the consumer-based awards recognise product innovation and provide a shortcut for shoppers, saving them time and money when finding the right products.
It’s no secret that rising inflation rates are having an impact on Australian households, with 86% of Aussies now employing cost saving techniques to help stretch budget, according to research conducted by NielsenIQ for the awards. Product of the Year director, Sarah Connelly, says: “The rising cost of living has changed the fast-moving consumer goods landscape, with affordability and ease being the leading driver behind the way Aussies shop.”
Undergoing a rigorous testing process before final section, winning products were analysed by a panel of industry expert judges for quality, credibility, and innovation, before being voted on by Australians.
Here are the homewares and lifestyle products that made the cut:
- Koala Kirribilli Bed Base – Koala Sleep Pty Ltd (best bedroom furniture)
- Emma Zero Gravity Mattress – Emma Sleep Pty Ltd (best mattress over $1500)
- Koi Foaming Hand Wash Starter Kit – Koi (best hand wash)
- Origin Hybrid Mattress – Origin Sleep Australia (ones to watch, mattress under $1500)
- Strike Pro Mould Killer Spray 500ml (best household cleaning)
- Clean Laundry Liquid Tropical Bloom 2L (best laundry).