Thanks to Wild Sage cafe in Cammeray, Sydney, for today’s recipe.
- 1 kg rolled oats
- 500 ml apple juice
- Sugar to taste
- 250 g coconut yoghurt
- 500 ml almond milk
- 4 pears
- 1 g saffron
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2-3 star anise
- Zest from one orange
- Puffed quinoa
- Berries and strawberries.
- Soak oats with apple juice for at least one hour so juice is well absorbed
- Add coconut yoghurt, almond milk and sugar to the soaked oats and stir through.
- Refrigerate for 4-to-5 hours
- Peel pears, but make sure you keep stalk intact.
- Place in a pear in a pot and add rest of ingredients except saffron.
- Bring the water to the boil and add saffron to the centre of the pot. Turn to a simmer and place a disc of baking paper to keep the heat in. Continue to slowly cook the pear until soft. Check for softness and colour. Should take about an hour.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer pears and allow to cool.
Serve soaked muesli in a bowl, topped with a saffron pear and finish with puffed quinoa.