This quick and easy snack from Australian Bananas is great for kids and grown-ups alike and healthier than your average sweet treat!
Makes: 16 | Prep: 10 mins | Cooking: 4 mins
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 4-5 bananas (Lady Finger or Cavendish)
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
1. Place the chocolate in a clean, dry, heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 3-4 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Peel and cut bananas into 4cm-thick rounds. Spread coconut into a shallow dish.
3. Dip the banana pieces, one at a time in chocolate, turning to coat all sides. Allow excess to drain then roll in coconut to coat. Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper to set. Repeat with remaining banana, chocolate and coconut.
Variation: You can replace the coconut with hundreds and thousands or a mix of both.