Festive and full of flavour, this cream cheese olive Christmas tree from Chef Ness is the perfect crowd pleaser. Served it with classic Arnott’s Jatz and Arnott’s Cheds.
Cream cheese olive Christmas tree
- 1 cheese slice 1 cm thick
- 1 kg cream cheese
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 11/2 cups grated cheddar
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 2 x 120 g green olives marinated, pitted, halved
- 80 g pitted kalamata olives halved
- 120 g semi dried tomatoes sliced
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- Arnott’s Jatz and Cheds to serve
- Using a 5cm star cutter, cut a star from the cheese slice and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, paprika, onion and garlic in large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Mix in grated cheese and chives.
- If your mixture is quite soft, chill for 1 hour or until firm enough to shape. If your mixture is already firm, you can skip this step.
- To assemble, place a large piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface, then turn cheese mixture onto plastic wrap.
- Using plastic wrap, form mixture into a cone shape (base will need to be about 13cm diameter). Place on a serving platter.Push olives, semi dried tomatoes, and rosemary into the cream cheese to decorate. Top with cheese star.
- Serve with Arnott’s Jatz and Cheds.