This quick and easy recipe from Australian Lychees is all about the fresh ingredients and flavours.
Cajun fish tacos with lychee salsa verde
- 2 white fish fillets
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 small tortillas warmed
Lychee salsa verde
- Half cup fresh lychees, peeled and seeded plus extra for decoration
- Half a shallot finely diced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Quarter cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges to serve
- sliced avocado to serve
- To make the lychee salsa verde, roughly chop the lychees and drain any excess liquid.Add chopped lychees to a medium bowl together with the remaining salsa verde ingredients and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine then set asideto allow flavours to meld.
- Pat each fish fillet dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle evenly with Cajun seasoning, gently pressing into the fillets to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in the grill or frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the fish fillets and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until fish is fully opaque and flakes apart easily.
- To serve, gently flake apart the Cajun fish with two forks and serve over warm tortillas with lychee salsa verde, fresh lychees, avocado and lime.