This week’s recipe is from Chef Tom Walton in partnership with Delcado avocados.
Avocado and prawn fried rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or sesame oil
- 1 small brown onion diced
- 1 carrot peeled, diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup Chinese dried sausage or bacon chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 green tiger prawns peeled, shell left on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Delcado avocados cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing cooking wine
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted
- ½ cup shallots finely sliced
- 1 large red chilli seeds removed, julienned
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Baby herbs to serve optional
- Prepare rice your prefered way.
- Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add oil and stir fry the onion, carrot, garlic and Chinese sausage with a good pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat another smaller frying pan over a medium/high heat and add oil and cook the prawns, seasoning lightly. Set aside.
- Add the Shaoxing wine to the wok pan and let evaporate then add the rice and stir fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the oyster and soy sauce along with the peas and half the shallots and cook for another minute.
- To serve, spoon the fried rice onto a large platter, top with the cooked prawns, creamy Delcado avocados (a premium avocado that slices perfectly), remaining shallots, chilli, sesame seeds and baby herbs.