Are you a big Kevin McCloud fan? Good news is he is in Australia for both Grand Designs Live Sydney and Melbourne next month. Hoorah! Even better, all my readers can get $10 off tickets.
Launching in Sydney from 18-20 October and continuing in Melbourne from 25-27 October, the exhibition features a bevy of attractions and more than 200 exhibitors. Visitors will find the best ideas and advice for their homes as well as see and hear from celebrity experts, including both the British and Aussie hosts of the Grand Designs programs, Kevin McCloud and Peter Maddison.
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO AND SEE AT GRAND DESIGNS LIVE
- Hear from celebrity industry experts: As well as Grand Designs’ own Kevin McCloud and Peter Maddison, celebrities from The Lifestyle Channel home renovating shows — Shaynna Blaze, Andrew Winter, Charlie Albone, Veronica Morgan and Bryce Holdaway — will also be sharing their knowledge and insights with visitors in a range of sessions presented at The LifeStyle Channel Grand Theatre, as well as book signing sessions throughout the exhibition.
- Get free advice at the Expert Advice Centre: Located within the Grand Building, visitors can bring along their project plans, sketches, budgets and other relevant material and make an appointment to discuss one-on-one with experts in their fields – for free.
- Kevin’s Green Heroes: Grand Designs Live will showcase the best new eco-friendly innovations as chosen by Kevin McCloud, giving you an insight into the future of eco-living.
- Savant Systems House of the Future – Engineered by AVD Australia: Showcasing the latest technology, design and innovation for the home, The Savant Systems House of the Future, Engineered by AVD will provide a sneak peek of some futuristic gadgets and cutting-edge technology. A non-ticketed feature of Grand Designs Live, visitors are invited to attend one of the 8 daily sessions at the House of the Future, hosted by Steve Freeth.
- Grand Building: Providing the visitor with everything they need to successfully complete their project and turn their dream home into a reality. Whether they are starting from scratch with a new-build or renovating a traditional home, Grand Building is packed with innovative and sustainable products and expert advice.
- Grand Interiors: The must-see destination for visitors looking for the latest stylish interior designs. This hall showcases everything from the essentials, such as flooring and lighting, to stylish accessories and the latest trends and technology. The Design Stage will also give visitors the chance to listen to a range of seminars to inspire and inform.
- Grand Kitchens & Bathrooms: Be inspired by the latest kitchen and bathroom designs from leading manufacturers. Discover sleek styles and designs paired with state-of-the-art technology. Whatever your style, there are an array of designs on show to suit all tastes.
- Grand Outdoors: There’s something to suit all tastes and budgets, whether visitors have an inner city courtyard or a rambling country retreat. Showcasing everything from the latest in outdoor innovations to
- Rooms By Design: Located within Grand Interiors, visitors are invited to explore 3 innovative room designs, all created by design students, each space reflects the advancements altering the way, we live and the spaces we inhabit. Participating universities include; Billie Blue College of Design, Sydney Design School and Whitehouse Institute of Design from Sydney and Grenadi School of Design, RMIT and Whitehouse Institute of Design from Melbourne.
- Get new insight into sustainable design: At the Sustainable Building Stage you will not only see new and innovative products, but you will also learn about the fundamentals of Sustainable Design and Owner Building and the cost benefits of using them in your own project.
With so much to see and do, visitors may need to refuel and lunch at the Maggie Beer café is the perfect place to take a break. Maggie’s team have developed a mouth-watering menu that includes slow roasted pulled lamb shoulder, lentil, quinoa, goats curd, avocado and herb salad and cured ocean trout with horseradish cream and sourdough.
$10 off Grand Designs Live Tickets ($29.50 reduced to $19.50 each). Simply enter code word Design21 (case sensitive, EXACTLY as shown) in the ‘Grand Offer’ field at www.ticketmaster.com.au/grand Please see granddesignslive.com.au for full terms and conditions.