Customers today demand more than just good looks in their kitchen. It’s got to work efficiently, it’s got to make life easier and there’s got to be lots of storage! The Good Guys’ kitchen design consultants offer their top 10 tips on how to maximise storage in the kitchen, just like the couples on The Block Glasshouse.
- Design drawers that are deeper and wider in order to save space and allow for easy access to hard-to-reach pots and pans.
- Metal runners in drawers allow for a silent, soft-close system and deliver added strength and durability.
- Trays and dividers can be added in drawers to further maximise storage and keep items organised inside.
- Drawers under the sink and oven are excellent solutions for maximising these often under-utilised spaces.
- Walk-in or butler’s pantries will suit larger spaces and can house everything from small appliances to wine fridges and secondary preparation spaces.
- When everything has a place in the kitchen, it becomes more functional and thereby an enjoyable place to spend time.
- Keep in mind that there is an endless range of accessories available to help with organisation in the kitchen, from dedicated spice drawers for the avid chef to under-sink caddys for storing unsightly cleaning products.
- Today there are numerous solutions for keeping your pantry clutter at bay. Pull-out baskets and shelves are convenient inclusions, keeping items within easy reach.
- A great idea for keeping benchtops clear of clutter is to include a dedicated appliance cupboard.
- Either house everything behind a roller shutter, or include a pull-out carousel in corner cupboards – a great use of traditionally hard-to-reach space.
– Find more information on The Good Guys’ products and expert advice here.