Banoffee pie is a household favourite and this no-bake recipe from Australian Bananas, makes it a quick and easy treat. Serves 8.
- 23 cm diameter spring form cake tin
- 1 x 250 gm packet of Granita or Marie Biscuits
- 125 gm butter, melted
- 1 x 495 gm tin sweetened condensed milk
- 50 gm or 2 ½ tablespoons of butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons or 60 gm golden syrup
- 4-5 firm bananas
- 400 ml cream, whipped
- 50 gm dark chocolate, grated
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until you have fine crumbs then and add the melted butter. Process again to combine. The crumbs should stick together when squeezed.
- Press into the spring form cake tin halfway up the sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Place the cubed butter and the golden syrup into a saucepan and heat, stirring until melted.
- Add the tin of condensed milk and stir on medium heat for approximately 5-8 minutes until the mixture bubbles, thickens and starts to change colour.
- Remove from the heat and cool for a couple of minutes before pouring into the chilled crumb crust.
- Refrigerate until cold and firm. The pie can be made up to this point and finished when you are ready.
- Slice three bananas and mix them with the whipped cream.
- Pour into the tart shell on top of the chilled caramel and smooth down to a nice flat surface.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings onto the top of the tart and then decorate with the final sliced banana.
- If making ahead of time, toss the bananas in a small amount of lemon juice.
- This pie is very rich and you only need a small slice!