This week’s healthy and tasty recipe is courtesy of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) in celebration of the recent Sustainable Seafood Week. To assure your seafood has been caught or farmed with the best possible care, simply just look out for the blue MSC and green ASC labels when making your next purchase.
Makes 8 tortillas
1 tablespoon coriander stalks, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
2 tablespoons lime juice
4 large MSC certified hoki fillets
Oil for frying
For the chipotle coleslaw:
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chipotle chilli flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lime
2 cups red cabbage, finely sliced
2 cups green cabbage, finely sliced
1 handful of coriander leaves
For the harissa guacamole:
2 ripe avocados – cut into 1cm cubes
Juice of 2 limes
1 red pepper, diced
1 handful of coriander stalks, finely chopped
1/2 white onion, finely chopepd
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 teaspoons harissa paste (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the coriander stalks, garlic, chilli, salt and lime juice to make a marinade.
- Cut each hoki fillet into two pieces (or four if very big) and add to the marinade, making sure each piece gets well covered. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- While you’re waiting, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in a warm oven for 10 minutes, then remove to the side until needed.
- Whisk the yoghurt, smoked paprika, chipotle chilli flakes, salt and lime juice in a large bowl, divide in half and reserve half for later. Add the finely sliced cabbage and coriander leaves to the remaining sauce and mix well.
- Mix all of the guacamole ingredients and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet and oil lightly. Cook the fish, in two batches if necessary, for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Distribute the coleslaw between the 8 tortillas and add a portion of fish to each. Top with the chipotle sauce put aside earlier, the harissa guacamole and hot sauce, grated cheese or other toppings of your liking. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges, as well as any remaining chipotle sauce and harissa guacamole.