I’ve been getting into cooking a bit more lately and food blogger Healthy Natty’s Instagram pix always make healthy food look so damn delicious and easy! I just had to ask her to share a recipe and she went one further and created a new one just for us! “It couldn’t get more me than this: fast, one pot, vegetarian, super healthy, adaptable (you can be experimental with the veg), can be eaten alone or with sides or as a side etc. Me on a plate!”
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely diced
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- Juice & rind of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, stems finely chopped & leaves reserved
- 12 button mushrooms, quartered
- ½ a teaspoon of dry ginger
- 4 teaspoons of cumin
- ½-1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (depending how hot you like your food)
- 2 cans of cooked chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (+ 1 can of water)
- Chilli, lemon wedges, Greek yoghurt & coriander leaves, to serve
1. In a large, deep fry pan, add the olive oil, onions, zucchini, carrot, lemon rind, coriander stems, and mushrooms. Fry on a medium heat until the onion is softened.
2. When the onion is soft, add the garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper and ginger. Stir until fragrant.
3. Quickly add the crushed tomatoes and water.
4. Slowly bring the boil and then simmer for around 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
5. Add the chickpeas and cook a further 5 minutes. 6. Serve with coriander leaves, freshly squeezed lemon juice, chilli and Greek yoghurt (and some rice, quinoa or couscous!).
Check out Healthy Natty’s fab blog | Check out all our recipes