Posted 28 Nov 2017
Temple & Webster is Australia’s largest online retailer of furniture and homewares, delivering beautiful solutions to our customers and providing daily inspiration on furniture and homewares trends.
Nestled at the corner of a converted industrial estate in the heart of Sydney’s St Peters, the Temple & Webster office is situated in an immaculately restored heritage listed beautiful art deco building.
We are currently seeking a talented and highly motivated International Furniture Buyer to further develop the Temple & Webster private label furniture collections, aligning to our brand proposition in terms of style, quality and value.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
– Working closely with the Temple & Webster Import and Category teams to understand the Temple & Webster customer
– Researching and remaining well informed regarding product and manufacturing trends, market offerings, price competitiveness and sourcing opportunities to maximize productivity in our import channels
– Managing the development, selection and sourcing of products to meet revenue, gross profit and stock turns to budget, ensuring the quality delivers outstanding customer satisfaction
– Managing close relationships with factories, sourcing and QC agents to leverage available resources and maximize the performance of all parties throughout the supply chain with a strong focus on quality, price, competitiveness and range productivity
– Product development in T&W core ranges as well as seasonal lines
– Regular overseas travel to attend trade fairs, visit factories and build relationships with key suppliers
To apply for this position please direct your letter of interest and CV to [email protected]
To be successful in the role you will have:
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct furniture sourcing, preferable for Australian retail
– A thorough understanding of import supply chain processes
– A proven history with identifying and sourcing winning product for private label
– Strong relationship management skills
– Experience sourcing quality product from Asian manufacturers
– Capacity to travel overseas extensively to perform the responsibilities of the role
When and how long is this job duration
Permanent 5 days a week
Location of job: St Peters, NSW