Posted 23 April 2019
Milk Chocolate are seeking a highly motivated and multi-skilled Interior Designer/Renovation Manager to join the Milk Chocolate team to provide interior design and renovation management services for our clients. You will plan, design and coordinate our client’s renovations.
Milk Chocolate, purchases and renovates property Australia wide. Initially, the role will involve extensive travel nationally as we grow the business. In the future, we will develop teams on the ground in each city, which will then reduce the need for extensive interstate travel, however, not entirely.
This position has the potential to grow into a leadership role with the ability to grow a team underneath you as the business requires.
Specifically, the role looks like:
• Working alongside our Buyers Agent as they review properties that present opportunities to add value
• Working alongside our property investment advisor to ascertain what opportunities exist in our current client’s portfolios and prepare recommendations for these
• Our Data Scientist will provide you with real-time data insights and recommendations using artificial intelligence. You can use these insights to provide a more intelligent and individualised recommendation
• Working with our town planner to ensure the proposed renovation meets council and government regulation
• Preparing and presenting to clients your design recommendations. Ultimately, you will be building strong relationships with all of our clients, ensuring there is the highest level of trust
• Sourcing and packaging samples for our clients to review
• Prepare tenders and source quotes for trades and other professionals
• Building relationships and working closely with Architects throughout the design and implementation process
• Working closely with trades to ensure we maximise the potential for our clients
• Estimating costs and submitting quotes for client approval
• Developing designs according to a brief that are functional, appealing and appropriate for the space
• Using design software to create models and visuals if required
• Researching and preparing plans, diagrams or sketches for interior constructions, materials, finishes, lighting and furnishings
• Selecting suppliers of materials and labour
• Lodge development applications to the council
• Being the one point of contact and providing updates for our project concierge (customer service relations) and ensure they have enough information to always keep our clients up to date
• Providing relevant and useful social and blog content for the business to use on the retail website and social channels
• Provide the planning, management and coordination of our client’s renovations ensuring the project is completed on time and within budget
• Inspecting and supervising the work of tradespeople to ensure that quality and safety standards, costs and deadlines are met
• Develop trade teams and suppliers in each area. The A-Team in each state is what the ultimate goal is.
• Ideally, you have completed a Diploma in Interior Design or higher
• You have managed multiple renovation projects from start to finish and ranging from small apartment cosmetic renovations to large house structural renovations. Development experience a nice to have, but not mandatory
• Colour balancing skills
• Familiar with Australian building codes and standards
• Knowledge of styles and trends
• You live and breathe design and creativity
• You absolutely always think outside of the box
• Outstanding knowledge of trades and their skill sets
• Your technical skill set includes CAD, SketchUp and/or Photoshop
• Ability to adapt to our software platforms (Asana and G Suite)
• Ability to set and manage budgets and timelines
• Ability to coordinate, direct and manage trades.
When and how long is this job duration
Ready to start now
Location of job: Sydney office, however, we renovate interstate also