Posted 23 May 2019
Are you a soft furnishings expert with broad interior decorating and design experience? Mr Smiths would like to hear from you!
With over 40 years in the industry we are proud of our excellent reputation and relationships with great suppliers and skilled tradespeople. We are seeking a customer-focused Interior Design & Decorating professional primarily serving our clients in the Blue Mountains
You have a proven track record in design & decorating. Your artistic flair and passion for delivering great results ensures the best outcomes. You love working with a broad range of clients to deliver creative solutions and your communications skills are outstanding. You are clearly an authentic adviser on style.
As an experienced professional you know how to complete schemes and bring them to life by coordinating soft furnishings, wall coverings, custom furniture and finishes. Getting it right matters, so you are detail-oriented ensuring specifications for your projects are exact. You know all about curtains.
Finally, while you will be working independently on design & decorating schemes from the start, you enjoy being part of a team and understand the importance of communication and systems required by a quality-focused company.
Essential Requirements – we are only looking for a candidate that meets these criteria:
– Outstanding customer focus
– Expertise in soft furnishings, especially window furnishings
– Deep knowledge of the Australian bespoke furnishings market
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in a very similar role
– Proven track record in interior decorating and design
– Measuring & worksheet specification experience
– Superior communication skills
– Software skills: Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint & Excel
– Current NSW drivers license & own car
Desirable requirements – whilst not essential, would be highly regarded
– Degree or diploma in Design & Decorating or equivalent e.g. UTS or Enmore College
– MYOB experience for quoting (training provided)
9.30am-4pm weekdays and 9-2pm on Saturdays. Approximately 37.5 hours per fortnight to include 2-3 weekdays plus every other Saturday.
If you meet the above criteria and can work every other Saturday, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this position, please forward your covering letter quoting ref: Des/201904/AM and resume to: [email protected]
When and how long is this job duration
Permanent part time
Location of job: Glenbrook, NSW