Posted 31 May 2019
KS Textiles have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Textile Designer / Product Developer to join our fabulous team in our studio based in Brunswick East. You will be responsible for developing bed linen and homewares ranges across our brand portfolio.You will be responsible for design, coordination and monitoring stages of Product Development all the way through to product launch.
* Analysing the homewares market to develop retail product strategies;
* Research colour and style trends;
* Sourcing innovative and on trend products that meet our quality and cost specifications;
* Prepare design briefs for each supplier / range
* Understand suppliers and their abilities – ensuring that developments are briefed appropriately and designs can be achieved
* Design product ranges ensuring that they meet the Brand integrity, price points, and margin requirements
* Liaise with overseas suppliers and key stakeholders to negotiate pricing and design concept.
* Creating finished artwork in line with design briefs for print, weave and special finishing;
* Arrange Lab Tests for all product ranges;
* Develop story boards for Customer Meetings;
* Present ranges and talk through key looks with a customer focus point of view
* Coordinating photography shoots, including products and any in-house props across all brands;
* Ensuring that all deadlines are met
* Maintaining an up to date design Master File;
* Prepare portfolio of product references, including images, colour swatches, fabric references prior to a sourcing trip – across all brands; and
* Overseas travel may be required.
* Previous experience as a designer, building ranges and taking into account seasonal trends;
* Tertiary Qualification in Textile Design;
* Experience in Product Development;
* Strong attention to detail;
* Strong computer literacy – Photoshop , Illustrator, Outlook and Excel is essential;
* Excellent communication skills to enable liaising with team, customers and suppliers;
* Exceptional time management and planning skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines;
* Enjoy working in a fast paced team environment; and
* Strong customer focus and good presentation skills.
When and how long is this job duration
Location of job: Brunswick East
Alda Di Genova