Posted 5 July 2019
Miss Amara was founded with one mission – to create the best possible experience for people shopping for rugs online. We are (crazy) passionate about what we do, and we lead with beautiful content that inspires and delights our following.
Content is a major vehicle for growth, and arguably the most important part of our business.
We have one objective of creating content that moves a customer to take the plunge and purchase an item they might consider a big commitment.
We seek an organised, self driven individual who is able to take direction and work collaboratively with our marketing and product team, creating a wide variety of gorgeous content for the business. The ideal candidate should be able to be an intrinsic fit with our editorial graphics, yet casual approachable style that is iconic to the Miss Amara brand.
We move quickly and we love what we do. From newsletters, to content on our website, to content for social you will be expected to work within our team with confidence (& degree of autonomy) + use your creative direction to execute the brief sometimes with the luxury of time, and sometimes with the pressure of a short deadline.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for great design, interiors, creative flair and a good eye for design, as well as some practical knowledge and proven hands on ability.
* Own the content production function of our business.
* Develop & iterate the Miss Amara brand story & personality across all our distribution channels (eg. website, Facebook, Instagram, EDMs affiliate websites to name a few), through original pieces of content across marketing creative, design and in-house photography.
* Develop relevant content topics for seasonal campaigns, with the objective to reach the target audience demographics
* Maintain brand consistency throughout all marketing projects
* Support the overall marketing team and execute briefs from the marketing team and develop your own briefs on content should we require additional external input to execute
* Oversee all creative production from concept to delivery, consistently meeting set KPI’s on quantity, quality of work as well as performance of creative (ie. CTR, Engagement, views, view times, positive feedback, on-page time etc).
* Refine images, fonts and layouts using Illustrator, Photoshop and/or InDesign
* Create style sheets, templates and guidelines to increase design efficiency
* Ensure a smooth and timely work flow is maintained by managing projects and artwork/production demands within deadlines
* Maintain an updated historical file of all creative material/artwork produced
* Stay up-to-date with industry/ competitor developments, new content trends and designs and tools
* Discover, reach out and negotiate all influencer relations to build engaging campaigns that are on brand
* Copywriting and copy editing for design assets that sit across multiple channels eg. website, product descriptions, ad copy, blog copy etc
* Reach out to media with new collections and material and provide all assets in an easily repurposable way to assist media to write about Miss Amara
* Manage a media asset library for publishers or affiliates wanting content to write about Miss Amara with ease
Applicant Assessment involves submission of a piece of work with the following brief:
* Miss Amara is regularly puts together shoppable curated collections for our audience.
* Please have a look at our website and social channels (eg. Instagram, Facebook) and put together an EDM design of a shoppable collection called “stylist picks”.
* These should be visually appealing and inspire a consumer to click through to a presented collection and consider purchase of products within the collection.
* “Stylist Picks” is positioned to our audience as a “Round-Up” of rugs that our team is currently coveting! A curated collection of products that our in house interior designers, online stylists, bloggers and rug designers have put together of their product favourites presented to our audience in a fun, visual and easily digestible way.
* The successful execution of the brief should demonstrate on brand copyrighting skills, imagery and brand feel.
If you would love to chat to us more about this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, completed applicant assessment, resume and examples of work/portfolio to Alex at [email protected]
Please note that due to the number of applications, not every application may receive a response. Please wow us to be noticed!
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
* Proficiency at Photoshop/ Indesign/ Graphic Design.
* Previous interior styling experience would be nice but not a must.
* As written content and website + marketing copy will also be part of the role, excellent writing and communication skills are required.
* A strong proficiency/ understanding of technical and social + marketing platforms also beneficial.
* Capable of developing and repurposing content for different target audiences, formats and channels, underpinned by strong brand understanding and awareness
* Proven track record of managing and developing successful content and campaigns across multiple touch points
When and how long is this job duration
Location of job: Sydney, Hong Kong, or Remote