Posted 11 June 2019
Brosa is a new breed Direct to Consumer retail brand that is disrupting the $14 billion Australian home and living retail industry. As one of Australia’s fastest growing businesses, we are on a mission to help our customers create a beautiful home effortlessly. Built on delivering amazing customer experiences, offering fresh designs and inspiration; and creating an unmatched shopping experience Brosa is changing the face of how Australians furnish their homes.
It’s an exciting time in our company’s journey, with recent awards including being named #9 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and #6 in AFR Fast Starters. Brosa is also backed by Australia’s most prominent and successful Venture Capital funds including AirTree Ventures and Bailador who are behind iconic companies including Canva, Petcircle, Expert360, Ebay Australia, Ticketek.
That’s why we’re ready for a highly analytical Category Manager to join the Brosa family and propel our next stage of growth.
About the Role
You’ll be responsible for managing all aspects of product, price and promotions. A Category Manager at Brosa will focus on improving and enhancing our customer’s perceptions of our range, quality and value and will be responsible for delivery of the key business metrics for their category including revenue/growth, margins and working capital.
To be successful here you’ll need to excel at developing and executing a clear customer focused plan that is aligned to the overarching business strategy and is based on sound consumer and commercial insights/data, competition activity and international trends. You will need to be equally comfortable taking pricing, inventory as well as design decisions in your stride as well as managing trade offs between conflicting metrics such as revenue and margins. Ultimately you will need to keep the customer and business objectives at the heart of all decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Delivery of growth/revenue, margin and working capital targets of a few of our key furniture categories to start with and the future potential to manage a team of category managers looking at the entire business.
– Managing the current product range through a robust product performance framework taking into account various inputs including sales, inventory turns, margins, quality performance and qualitative feedback from internal teams and customers.
– Developing forward looking category range plans including identifying new categories and new products within current categories to address the needs of current consumers.
– Working with marketing teams to identify newer target consumers and crafting product solution to serve them.
– Working with sourcing and marketing teams to successfully launch these products as the primary owner for the plan.
– Collaborating with marketing teams to define the promotion and product/visual merchandising strategy and drive continuous improvements to the same.
– Keeping in constant contact with consumers through direct-to-consumer initiatives including surveys, home visits and panels and also through regular interaction with other consumer facing teams at Brosa.
– Analysing competitors, and keeping abreast of category trends and the industry as a whole.
We’re always looking for go-getting, proactive team members who are hungry to learn. You’ll need to be able to jump into different challenges with a problem-solving mindset. In addition, for this role you will need:
– 3-5 years experience in a category manager/ merchandiser / buyer / brand manager / business analyst or similar, ideally in a high growth company.
– Strong communication and influencing skills.
– Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to problem solve.
– Home and living retail experience would be a bonus.
When we’re looking for our next generation of Brosa Family members we look for 5 core Brosa Family Values:
1. Curious, Problem Solvers.
2. Design to Deliver.
3. We own this together.
4. Dream big, Think big.
5. Different is Normal.
Why join Brosa?
At Brosa, we aim to build an exceptional environment to help our team thrive. Our goal is to help our team produce their best work and find enjoyment in their role. We commonly refer to our team as a family and work hard to create an atmosphere that is high on trust, honesty, accountability, commitment and of course fun. To foster a vibrant workspace we have various initiatives including Friday Ted Style talks from internal and external speakers (we call it Flocktalk), allowances for attending conferences and workshops and of course an open policy for bringing pets to the office! We believe that great businesses are built on great people and are constantly striving to elevate the platform we give our team.
– Staff Discounts on Brosa products
– Opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing companies in Australia
– Access to the wider network of high calibre contacts within the AirTree Ventures and Bailador portfolio
If this sounds like somewhere you’d love to work, apply now to Rebecca (via this link: http://adr.to/hacu6) including a short note introducing yourself and we’ll be in touch. If you have any specific questions, please give me a call on 02 8005 8667.
When and how long is this job duration
Location of job: Fitzroy, Melbourne (HQ)